Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dear Lauren,
we made it back to Vegas. You were sleeping when we came by to say goodbye. Although I miss you all, I can say that I'm happy to be back where the sun is shining :) This past week was definitely memorable for me. Yesterday was most rewarding. I'm so glad we did an Easter egg hunt for our little family. I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to watch you gather your eggs. Your strength has increased so much since I seen you last week. I know it's probably annoying that we monitor your every move, but we just can't help it Ren. Each new thing that you do is a small miracle and we can't help but marvel at you when you complete these milestones. It made me so happy just to see you out of your bed. I loved watching you open your eggs to search for prizes. I got a little nervous when I went in the house and seen your bed empty. But was instantly filled with joy when I seen you sitting up on the couch next to your Teti. Ren - you are simply amazing. Sometimes when I watch you I feel guilty and a little ashamed that I can walk and talk with such ease. I sit and watch you and wish that I could somehow transfer my health and energy to your body. You are my little hero Rennie. I'm grateful that I was able to spend this week with you. I hope you continue to get stronger each day. I hope your Mama reads this to you and maybe if you're feeling well enough you can write me back.
Love you Rennie,

-Auntie Kiki

No comments: