Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Lauren,
Today as I looked through old photos, I am drawn to your baptism pictures. I can still remember that day clearly. It was a day I shared with you and your mama, and got to know you a little better. Seeing you grow, I have always admired what a bright little girl you are. I also admired your gentle ways and your sweet spirit. It is true what they say that eyes are the window to the soul. That day we tried to help you get past your shyness. I tried to act goofy and say silly things to make you comfortable. Do you remember? You would do your cute little laugh and cover your mouth, you were so shy. You probably thought I was crazy huh haha. But when I printed up those pictures, I did not see a shy girl. Rather, I saw a bold, silent confidence.
Through everything you have been through I am always reminded of that. I don't know if you know just how wonderful you are! You have inspired so many and touched the hearts of many more. And at the age of 12 you are such an inspiration to so many! Especially mine. And although you may seem shy, you are the strongest girl I know. I always tell your mama, Lauren is strong! And you proved that you are. I want you to know that I love you and think of you everyday. You stay in my prayers and in my heart. I know your mama is taking great care of you. And I know that you are pushing your hardest to get better. I hope that you feel better day by day and that sometime soon we'll be able to see that beautiful sweet smile of yours. I love you Rennie!
~Aunty Verlynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Verlynn, your words and pictures made me cry! I remember this day so well. You didn't hesitate one bit when I asked you last minute to take Lauren's pics. I hope you know how much you and your family mean to us. Thank you for everything!!!! Love you!

-Sila