Monday, April 18, 2011

Dearest Reni,
I miss your smiling face! There isn't a day that passes you don't cross my mind, my prayers, my heart. Uluaki, Samiu and I have been going to the park trying to enjoy what we have been getting of "spring" days. It reminds me of this time last year when we were playing in school yards and parks while your daddy and uncle Mo had football games and/or practices. You are always so helpful... from helping Uluaki onto a swing, to sliding down slides with my little Samiu, you have a way with little ones. You welcome my boys with open arms, loves, and kisses no matter how difficult their little attitudes can be. I love and appreciate you for that. My boys sure do miss you and your siblings (Vincent, Steni, and lil' Misi) and I know it has been a while since we have seen you all. The last time I spoke with you was the night we went for a little ride, do you remember? You and I got a chance to have some one on one girl talk. So fun and I cherish it. Our conversation has left its mark in my heart forever. Your sweet smile, your quiet giggle, and the fight you have makes you unique, extraordinary, one of a kind. And you are all of those things, Reni. You are so special!!

Hearing and knowing how strong you are is so inspiring. I pray that as you read this it will give you a little more inspiration, a little something to help continue to fight.

A favorite song I sing whenever life gets rough is titled "No Ways Tired" and the chorus or the main part of the song sings...
I don't feel no ways tired
I've come to far from where I've started from
Nobody told me that the road would be easy
I don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me

Ren, you may be too young to fully understand the meaning of the words now, but I pray they meditate in your heart. When you're older, I pray you'll look back, reflect on the words, and share a testimony that "life may get a little rocky, it will have its ups and downs, but never give up. God has brought you this far and if He brought you this far why would He leave when you need Him most?"

Joy comes in the morning, my dear, and I know it's just around the bend. Reni, you're so strong and you keep finding the fight you need, the fight your parents pray for, the fight your family yearns for. Continue to be strong. Continue to share your sweet smile. Continue inspire many. Keep your chin up, sweetie! Keep fighting! Pray Often! You have lots of people praying for you and waiting for you to prove the doctors wrong once again. Miracles happen each and every day and you are one of them! I love you, sweet Reni girl!
XOXOXO

~Auntie Halli, 'Lucky', and 'Carter'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halli,
How do I fully express my appreciation for the love expressed through these beautiful words? I've always loved the advice and the strength you had to share with me, and to see these special words of advice and love expressed to Reni has only brought more love into my heart, tears of joy to my eyes and satisfaction to my soul. You always knew just what to say.... Some things never change. Reni loves your little family, and so do I. Thank you for everything.

-Sila