Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Lauren,

I know it's been a little while.... It's been hard to say the least. Today marks 2 weeks. It feels like forever! I've been trying to keep busy lately, trying to get my mind off things.... I just keep telling myself that you're away for a little while, but i'll see you again. I know this statement is true. It gives me joy!

I took Stennie to the Dr's office the other day and the Dr asked how you were doing. I looked at him and said "Oh, you don't know..." and tears started to roll down my face. Stennie didn't cry at all, instead she hugged me, patted my leg and asked if I was okay. There are no amount of words that can describe how much I miss you. You are so special! You've touched not only mine, but so many others lives in your short time here with us. A new friend was so touched by your sweet spirit that they wanted to do something special for us. We got to see Bruno Mars. I know you would've loved it, and yes he is just as good live! He sang your song at the very end. I hoped he would. It meant so much to me.

I wonder if we'll ever meet again....
I hope we do..... Somewhere in Brooklyn

I love and miss you always!

Mama

2 comments:

pwincessdi said...

aww that's so sweet of your friend to get you tickets to watch Bruno Mars!! That's awesome. I hope with each passing day your heavy heart will get lighter Sila :) Much love to you and your family.

Kiki Fangupo said...

That really was the sweetest act of kindness for her to give you the concert tickets. People always talk about how cruel this world is... it is comforting to know that wonderful, kind people still exist :)