Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dear Lauren,

Been thinking a lot about you. It's hard to balance out these emotions every time I think about your pretty face. I'm happy you're taken care of and that you're no longer in pain, but I miss you so much Ren. I guess that's the thing about being human. We're not very patient. I think about you all the time. There's so many memories of you that warm my heart. The other day I remembered a trip I took out to Salt Lake. We were sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing and your Mama decided that we should get some jumpers. So we got up, got some jumpers, and headed to the park. Whenever I come out to Salt Lake, and we get together as a family, I find myself sitting back and just observing. It makes me so happy just to see every one's smiles. I've blogged about how rich our family is with the love that we share. I remember that day at the park, just watching the smiles and excitement that all the kids had in their faces. I loved it. We watched for a little, then Fatu decided that we should break up into teams and race on the obstacle course. We tried to pair everyone up with people who were of equal physical talent. I got paired with you. Not gonna lie Ren, I was a little offended cause we all know you have 2 left feet :) To my surprise you beat me on the first round. I couldn't believe it and as I waited my turn for round 2 I was sure that I would come out victorious. My adrenaline was pumping and I was ready. Round 2 came, and you beat me again. Sheesh! We had to wrap up early cause it started to rain, but we had so much fun. I'll never forget that Ren, and I'm sure when I see you again, you will remind me that auntie lost to her niece.
I cannot explain how grateful I am to have these memories of you. I feel blessed beyond words to have gotten time granted in this life to spend with you. Thank you for loving me Ren. Thank you for such sweet memories.
Love you always,
Auntie Kiki

No comments: