Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dear Lauren,

Do you know how much I love you? Does it ever get easier? I miss you!!! I still feel you when I see your ice cream in the freezer, your shoes in the closet, your luggage from Florida overflowing with your cute little sun dresses, your mickey ears, your piles and piles of treasures yet to be open that you acquired while on your shopping spree to Toys R Us with your dad, your initial necklace from Auntie Kae'a, your bracelets being worn by your dad and Stennie, my black pearl necklace that you loved so much, any shade of purple, or hearing Bruno Mars. I long to hold your hand, kiss your face, brush your hair, and hear your voice.... Just one more time. I hope that after all is said and done, you know that I will love you forever and ever, my sweet princess!

Mama

1 comment:

Ceeu N Uila said...

Hi,
You don't know me but I heard of your princess thru the polynesian grapevine and I wanted u to know that you are not alone, we have something in common. We both have little ones in heaven. My little man left us to serve at the feet of Our Almighty almost 4 years ago and to this day I feel his physical absence in our family. Even with 4 years under my belt I can't say it gets easier. In the beginning it's so hard to see past the pain. I remember thinking that I would gladly trade my youth with a 90 yr old woman just to be closer to the time that I could see him again. The only thing I can tell you that brought me comfort is being in the celestial room. I can't explain it but every time I go I feel him at my knees, sitting on my lap, hugging my arms, kissing my cheek, and I know that he is there, just like I know that your princess is also there.
It doesn't get easier to carry the grief, we just get stronger and can better carry it with the faith and knowledge that they are there on the other side working their hardest to make their mommies and daddy's proud. They are doing their best work and are in the presence of our Heavenly Father and generations of family members that have passed. I know that my Father in Heaven has a special place in His heart for mother's that have lost their children because He has promised us that someday we as their mothers will be given the chance to raise them again, but this time it will be in heaven.
But until then we will count the days, we will bear the pain, we will carry the grief upon us, and remind ourselves that they are ours, for now and until eternity, they are ours.
JahBless